Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Podcast: Telling The Story of Our Moms

Remember our Mother's Day podcast? We wanted to share some of the stories from that podcast. So today we learn more Ruth Robertson-Kubberness from her daughter Gwen Kubberness.

Gwen Kubberness and Ruth Robertson-Kubberness
Used with permission


My mom is the most giving woman I know. I have learned so much from her over the years. My eyes well up when I think about all she has done for us kids. It is amazing the childhood she gave us.

Ruth Robertson-Kubberness Used with permission


My Mom is Ruth Robertson-Kubberness and she is a Christian, a Soul Sister, and a professional clown known as "Patches." When we were young and moved from Aberdeen, South Dakota to Stockton, California she opened up a world that we could only dream of. I have seen the Grand Canyon, the Redwoods, and Mt. Rushmore. I have been to Disneyland several times, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, Hollywood, San Francisco, and many, many more places. She was in charge of Surprise Days at our Church and we, the Youth Group, went to Sea World. 

Ruth as Patches
Used with permission

She was a Sweet Adeline in the 1980s and started the Holy Fools in 1979. She  had 2 Governors from North Dakota sign a declaration declaring April 1st as Holy Fools Day (which is a project of the Clowns For Christ). 

I wasn't a very good daughter in my late teens but after I had my first child my mom was everything to me. Then my dad got transferred to Peru, Illinois in 1986 and I have missed her so much since then. She is amazing. 

I could probably fill a book about my mom and all she has done for us kids and all her accomplishments. 

1 comment: